Adapted for international students
U.S. education is becoming more relevant for international students. How do you collect foreign student financial data and equitably measure need to effectively award institutional aid?
CSS Profile collects income and asset information from international students and gives you accurate and complete financial information on a schedule that works for your institution. By having your international students fill out the CSS Profile application, you:
- Gain a comprehensive and reliable picture of each family's financial strength.
- Communicate early with applicants about potential aid eligibility.
- Make better international awarding decisions with less staff and resource strain.
- Ensure vertical and horizontal student equity within the same country and between countries.
- Target your international aid.
The College Board College Scholarship Service (CSS) has pioneered need-based financial aid solutions for over 60 years. CSS Profile is designed by and for aid administrators to manage the financial aid process efficiently and cost effectively. CSS Profile was adapted for international students after a group of institutions formed the Global Consensus Approach and developed a coefficient for Institutional Methodology (IM) to reflect the global economy. After it produced consistent results, the College Board implemented the coefficient into IM, which is the basis for CSS Profile .
For international students, the application process is quick and simple:
- Students start the CSS Profile service online on our website and indicate the colleges to which they will apply. Students visit EducationUSA Advising Centers, located around the world, to learn about scholarship aid.
- Based on application information and college choices, each student receives a personalized CSS Profile application online.
- Once submitted, the application is processed by the College Board, and an electronic data file with student application data is sent to each college.
- An international version of IM is supported by the College Board Institutional Need Analysis System (INAS®).
Nearly 400 colleges, universities, professional schools, and scholarship programs use CSS Profile to award aid funds to the right students at the right time. Learn about CSS Profile and how to register. Call 800-927-4302 or email email@example.com.